Advent 3604 Recovery Disc - HELP

afrodisiac 11:12 23 Jan 03
  afrodisiac 11:12 23 Jan 03

Hi,

My PC's harddrive was recently replaced by PC World and has been given back to me in a complete blank state, the engineer said I needed my recovery disc as he nor the store had one.
I cant find one anywhere.
Does anyone know a way around this? Or where I can find one?

Your help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

JAMES

afrodisiac 11:46 23 Jan 03

noone? :o)

AndySD 12:04 23 Jan 03

I believe you will need to check the reciept for your computer to see if they supplied one as standard as with some companys you need to pay extra to get it. But saying that what CD's and floppy disks came with the PC.

afrodisiac 12:09 23 Jan 03

well windows ME was already installed on it, all I got was a load of cr*p software like Works 6.0 etc.
Its really irritating that they dont seem to have any answers as to how I get my PC working again!

rmn 12:26 23 Jan 03

surely you pay for windows therfore you should have it in some form or other.if you have to pay extra for a restore disk with it on thats paying twice?.surley pc world are responsible for restoring the o/s if its there machine.

AndySD 12:43 23 Jan 03

Did it come with a floppy disk?

What is the model number of the PC

afrodisiac 12:45 23 Jan 03

Its an Advent 3604 with Windows ME, they're really unhelpful, I cannot believe how terrible they've been to be honest

afrodisiac 12:50 23 Jan 03

It didn't come with a floppy disc no.

AndySD 12:50 23 Jan 03

I'm off to lunch will be back soonish.

afrodisiac 13:34 23 Jan 03

Thanks mate

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…