Advanced Windows Care

rawprawn 17:33 24 Oct 06

This is a cracking free program for personal use that will run alongside Windows defender and do much more.
click here

Jimmy14 18:06 24 Oct 06

one of the worst free programs I've ever used I'm afraid. Its so called fixes messed up task manager where the processes are situated and using xp was terrible which made me reload xp back on here and never again.

lulubelle 18:07 24 Oct 06

Hi rawprawn, what does it do exactly?

picklefactory 18:23 24 Oct 06

I've removed it too, as it was stopping users logging off my home pc. I do think it made some small improvements to my general system performance, but became a pain and had to die.

mosfet 18:42 24 Oct 06

I had the same prob as picklefactory...so I stopped it running at startup,all OK now but can't really say there is any improvement or not.

rawprawn 18:44 24 Oct 06

Reg scan,Spy scan, real time scan. privacey scan, start up analysis,system analysis, temp files clearance and much more.
I have had no problems with it what so ever, and I am sorry to hear bad results. However, I would recommend trying it and if you have problems uninstall it

Belatucadrus 18:54 24 Oct 06

Works OK for me.

picklefactory 19:05 24 Oct 06

Might give it another go based on your result. I definitely noticed a small improvement in boot time and program start time, nothing major but noticeable.

birdface 21:34 24 Oct 06

I have it use it now and then, Not to sure about it, Computer just does not run the same after you have used it, Little niggly things,Like you can't drag boxes, you only get the lines, Little arrow dissapears of the quick start at bottom right of windows.They can be corrected, its that you dont know what else it is doing that worries you a bit.It is a Beta version, Maybe the full version might be OK when it comes out, But then you will have to pay for it.

rawprawn 08:08 25 Oct 06

The link I have given is for the full version, not beta and I have to say I have had none of the problems mentioned. Perhaps I have been lucky but I can't find anything wrong with it.

Mike D 08:51 25 Oct 06

I tried it and I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it and then over a period of 5 or 6 weeks remnants of it have kept turning up. C Cleaner and some manual registry cleaning seem to have done the trick (I hope).

I just hate programs that refuse to go away.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac