Advance Window Care etc for new pc?

Bothick 07:08 12 Sep 07

I have just ordered new pc from Cougar Extreme Computers on XP O/S with E6850 processor,2Gb Ram and 400Gb Hard Drive- but should I or do I need to download programmes like Advanced Window Care, IObit Smart Defrag, Ad-Aware 2007 and Rambooster or am I being too paranoid about performance levels?

birdface 08:02 12 Sep 07

Advanced Windows Care, The jury is still out on that one,Some like it some don't,10 Bit Smart Defrag is Ok . Ad-Aware there are better free Spyware programs about,I use A Squared but there are loads to choose from,And cannot comment on Rambooster as I have never used it.SpywareBlaster and C Cleaner are a couple of good programs to have on board.Also WinPatrol and McAfee Site Advisor are another two that should be[ In my opinion ] Installed on all computers.

Bothick 08:31 12 Sep 07

Thanks for that but as a beginner basically
Is there a general all-in-one for performance as I have Bullguard package with Anti-Virus,Firewall and Back-up which I can transfer onto new pc.

birdface 08:49 12 Sep 07

I have never used Bullguard before,But it gets a good write up from PC Advisor.click here Now I use Winaso Optimizer trial version,It only cleans 10 items at a time and has a reg Defrag included.click here basically if you have the Bulldog Package.The only other programs that you need is A Good Spyware Program,SpywareBlaster,And C Cleaner.As you get a bit more experience with your computer you can add other Security programs on.Others will give you more advice and maybe better programs to use.

birdface 09:18 12 Sep 07

Winaso.click here

Bothick 11:44 12 Sep 07

Great! that's really helpful after reading PC Advisor review I'm reasonably confident that the spyware service with the Bullguard package is quite good enough which means I just need C Cleaner. I've just checked that out and through RegCure went to buy the licenced package which stated around £9 or so but when I got to the payment through Paypal it suddenly went up to $47.00 plus taxes is this right

birdface 13:12 12 Sep 07

C Cleaner is free.If you want to make a donation that is up to the individual.click here When downloading make sure you do not download any extra toolbars just tick what you want it to do.

birdface 13:15 12 Sep 07

Looks as though you may have got them mixed up.Reg Cure is a Different program entirely.

Bothick 06:49 13 Sep 07

All sorted- thanks a lot - must admit there are so many products out there it's more than a little confusing!.

dagbladet 14:08 13 Sep 07

My postings

sunny staines 16:49 13 Sep 07

good thing about AWC2 is that its database is updated on a very regular basis to keep it up to date, i feel its an excellent free one button check up for the pc.

also use as mentioned already ccleaner, winaso to complete the package.

superantispyware, a2 squared, spybot s&d, all good re spyware the first good at cleaning them off the pc.

run a defrag and chkdsk once a month too

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…