Adult Chat

Robhart 11:41 26 Oct 03

Everytime I switch on my computer or restart it a program called Adult Chat automatically loads itself onto my computer. I have to uninstall it everytime I start my computer. I haven't opened this program in case it's full of viruses or whatever. Does anyone know how I can stop this thing?
thanks

VoG II 11:44 26 Oct 03

Try Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here

Mutant_Llama 11:48 26 Oct 03

First thing I would do is visit:

click here

And get your computer scanned for virus, assuming you have not got AV software.

Once completed, TREND MICRO usually removes the virus, buy regardless of the outcome get yourself some free decent AV software (I use click here)

Next you need to remove the program from your computer, using either add/remove programs or removing it from your startup programs (let us know what operating system for further help)

Your best option is to totally remove it rather than disable it.

Good luck!

spuds 14:28 26 Oct 03

Depending on how this got onto your computer, you may find that it may be a little difficult to get rid off, if the above download suggestions do not work.Could be a bit like Bonzi Buddy, which requires further help to eradicate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…