ADSLguide newsletter

the old man 10:33 01 Jun 06

Just being cautious but has anyone recently recieved an e-mail from ADSLguide asking to click on a link in email to confirm their email address. You never can be too careful.

Daibus 11:02 01 Jun 06

Noted - a good word of caution.

Spark6 11:25 01 Jun 06

Have you, like me, recently done a broadband 'speed' test on the ADSLguide site?

Lettervanman 11:27 01 Jun 06

I am registered with that site,but have had no such email.

the old man 11:30 01 Jun 06

Not recently I haven't. I think the last time was about 3/4 months ago.

Jackcoms 12:17 01 Jun 06

I received one this morning and followed the link to confirm mu e-mail address.

I have had these e-mails from ADSLGuide many times in the past.

They are perfectly genuine.

Follow the link and don't worry (or don't follow the link and be dropped from their mailing list!!).

Spark6 12:20 01 Jun 06

May I suggest that you contact ADSLguide, but NOT on the link supplied, to establish why they have requested confirmation of your address.

If it turns out to be a genuine request I would be interested in knowing their reasons!

Good luck.

Jackcoms 12:45 01 Jun 06

"I would be interested in knowing their reasons!"

The reasons are perfectly simple - and are explained in their e-mail.

They want to confirm that people still wish to receive their e-mail newsletter.

It's a simple tidying up of their mailing list which they undertake on a regular basis.

If you respond you will remain on the list. If you don't respond you will be dropped from the list.

Nothing 'sinister' in it at all. After all they're not asking for your PIN or password or bank account details or inside leg measurement. ;-))

the old man 13:01 01 Jun 06

Only the girlfriend knows my inside leg measurement thank you.
Would not tell the wife though. LOL.
I do accept it is more than likely genuine but you never know these days. An email address today, tomorrow who knows.
Call me Mr. Cynic.
I will follow link as you say. Have been recieving the newsletter for about 2 years now and not had one of these before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…