adsldpm.dll Trojan Horse BHO.BNB

PETE THE FEET 17:00 15 Dec 07

This keeps popping up as a warning on my AVG free anti-virus every time a new browser window is opened in either Internet explorer or the Windows explorer. Cannot get rid even starting in SAFE MODE or in REGEDIT. It resides in \Windows\System32\
It will not delete as it is always in use.
Is it a Trojan horse I can't find any reference to it on Google or Yahoo searches.
My other half had a page with a built in google search bar which donated money to a certain charity if such as Amazon was accessed and a purchase was made, this has now gone but it could have been the cause perhaps.

Sheik Yerbouti 17:14 15 Dec 07

Despite what people say about free AV's they are not a patch on the paid for products. Just bought a 2 year license for Kaspersky Internet security suite, Less than £33 for the electronic version, what a bargain, for what is a highly thought of piece of software.
People say they have used AVG or Avast or something for years without infection, but if these programs don't do a proper job, you won't know you are infected, will you?
Do yourself a favour, and remove AVG, and buy KIS7 or KAV7 or Eset NOD32, and I'm sure you will se the benefit.

*** OK, Tin helmet firmly strapped on, fire away.**

Sheik Yerbouti 17:17 15 Dec 07

PS, shouldn't clump all free AV in same bucket. Avira Free AV is a fine piece of Software.

mfletch 17:21 15 Dec 07

Hi, Download SAS Superantispyware FREE

Run a full scan in safe mode,

Please check for any updates before scanning

click here

You could also try this to delete it,

click here

mfletch

PETE THE FEET 20:18 19 Dec 07

Cheers mfletch
This seemed to find something, however I could not restart in Normal mode without a system restore as prompted by the software. Running the software in Normal run mode didn't find the problem.
Am I doing something wrong here?

skidzy 20:33 19 Dec 07

I would say its a false positive.

PETE THE FEET 21:49 11 Feb 08

RE-FORMATTED AND RE-INSTALLEDTHIS SEEMED TO BE THE ONLY CURE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…