ADSL2+ Modem/Routers What do you Recommend

Tony_B 21:25 19 Aug 09

Hi

I am about to swtich to the new faster ADSL2+ service which is now available in my area.

I need to get a new wireles router/modem as my old Linksys WAG54G won't support the new standard and I don't think it can be upgraded.

Having spoken to a couple of Computer techs I am looking to get a new wireless router/modem from either:-

Netgear
D-Link
Draytek Vigor
Zyxel

What do you recommend?

Many thanks
Tony B

ambra4 00:12 20 Aug 09

Personal I perfer to use dlink or 3Com equipment never had any problems with either

D-Link Wireless G ADSL2+ Router with 4 port 10/100 Switch

click here

3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps ADSL2/2+ Modem Firewall Router

click here

Tony_B 00:39 20 Aug 09

I think I will go for Wireless N, might as well go for the fastest available speed.

ambra4 01:04 20 Aug 09

D-Link Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router with FREE Wireless N Mini USB Adapter

click here

gfergie 14:06 21 Aug 09

I had a BT modem which was constantly disconnecting.Bought a new DLink ADSL Router.
No more problems.Great.

MogsyDude23 17:59 22 Aug 09

With my ISP (Sky) they gave me a Netgear DG834GT (Which I do not recommend!)

I then went onto eBuyer.com and bought a Linksys WAG160N Wireless-N ADSL Modem Router. This is the best router I have ever owned! (click here).

With the Netgear from sky my connection was very intermittent, but with this new Linksys router it hasn't cut off at all! I highly recommend this router.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…