ADSL in Spain - Comtrend Telefonica ConectaBox

Guady 15:27 07 Oct 06

Have just received my Comtrend Telefonica ConectaBox Kit - but as we are in Spain the instructions for installations are all in Spanish! Although learning, my language skills are not yet up to dealing with technical terms. Does anyone have any idea where I can get hold of the Manual in English? It is also known as CT-5071

DieSse 15:40 07 Oct 06

click here

You may get a manual from their site, or from them.

However this will be unlikely to be a manual on how to set up Telefonicas ADSL service, and it won't affect the instructions on the CD you have with it - to install the configuration programs, I don't think (unless they have an English option - the last one I saw didn't.).

If you really can't follow it, I suggest you engage the services of a local technician who is properly bi-lingual.

One important point when configuring the Telefonica service, is to choose correctly whether tio install is as "multipuesto" (multipoint) or "monopuesto" (single point). In multipuesto the rounter acts as a DHCP server, and supplies the DNS and IP information for several attached systems. Even if you're only attaching one system, multipuesto is probably the best choice, if you can make it with your contract.

Guady 17:14 11 Oct 06

Have got it up and running now - well worth the effort. Much faster than my old dial up!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…