ADSL Routers

MDSS 10:33 22 May 05

Can any one help?
I am looking to purchase a non wireless 4 port ADSL Router but there are so many with diferent specs. which I do not understand.
My speed at the moment is 2meg.
Regards.

bremner 10:45 22 May 05

Is your modem currently connected to your PC by USB.

If so you are better off replacing this with a modem/router

Netgear/Belkin/D Link or Linksys are all much of a muchness.

I highlight this one to give you an idea of the spec you require not as a particular recommendation. click here

MDSS 10:53 22 May 05

Hi bremner,
Thanks for replying.
No, I am connected at the moment using a PCI Modem.

eedcam 18:57 22 May 05

Hi MDSS Whilst agreeing with bremner I just got the BT voyager240 it was a doddle to set up and its 4 ports.Cheapest I got was click here worth a look
Jay

mahalo 20:39 22 May 05

We bought ours from BT, as we have two computers we can use both at the same time. It costs £79 at the moment and we got ours the next day. It was easy to setup too.
Cheers

dan11 21:00 22 May 05

So do you have a dial up connection to the internet? If you do not disregard all below, suppose you could disregard most of above also. lol

Then you want to feed the connection via the lan port to a router/hub/switch, so you can internet share on other computers.

I don't think you would need to go as far as a router, a 4 port switch should do the trick, it's cheaper. You hope to hard wire to the main computer. If you just want to use one other computer, then a straight cross over cable between the machines should be enough. If both machines have a lan socket.;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…