adsl router with the greatest range

hgrock 22:12 19 Feb 06

any help or advise would be welcomed here from you good people out there
i want to buy an ADSL router with the greatest range without adding an antenna, the Belkin Pre N looks good so does the Buffalo wmr-hp-g54 both one can only buy online, the bufaloo is cheaper but it appears to come in 2 parts modem and router and it said something about adsl 2 or +.
I have to push the signal about 150 mtrs from the house to the where i use my laptop on the farm
thanks for any help

wjrt 16:46 20 Feb 06

click here

an idea . mebbe worth a phone call to them.

ade.h 19:02 20 Feb 06

Of the various "Pre N" systems around, the ones that use MIMO (Multi In/Multi Out) are apparently designed primarily to improve strength through and around internal obstacles. So I would not necessarily be certain of getting an improvement over a long distance instead.

Perhaps one of the boosted equivalents - from Netgear and Linksys - might be more effective, especially if you could place a booster antenna on a window ledge on the appropriate side of your house. For comparison, there is a Linksys router being used about 150 feet away from my house and gets picked up in my available network list with a middling signal strength. Obviously, as it's not my network, I have never connected to it, so I can't comment on how reliable the signal would actually be over that distance.

I can't think in metres, but I suspect that 150 of them might be a stretch too far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…