ADSL problems

FOEYDO 08:43 25 May 06

Hi, I had my adsl changed from a usb modem to wireless with a dlink router a few months ago.It has been fine but in the past few days our internet connection has kept going off. By shutting everything ie pc and router down and switching plugs off then restarting it comes back on any ideas? Is it the router or pc or network card?

Taff™ 11:29 25 May 06

Is it the DSL G604T? There could be a number of reasons. Who is your ISP? When does it "go off"?

If the wireless signal drops suddenly whilst you`re using it it could be interference. For example someone using a microwave oven. DECT telephones also cause interference - do you have a base station next to the router?

If there is another wireless router within range using an identical channel or one close to yours this can also cause you to lose your signal. I`ve also noticed an increase in dropped lines, notably first thing in the morning. BT inform me that because there are so many exchange upgrades being undertaken overnight that this is to be expected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…