adsl, problems

brickie5 19:29 20 Nov 05

Tiscali adsl prolem.When I attempt to go online I receive , error 691 i.e,"access was denied because user name, and/or password was invalid in this domain". I have reinstalled, the modem 3 times.I have reinstalled u/n and p/w 7 times.I am not new at any of this , have been repairing and dealing computer problems for my family the past decade.Niether is this problem new to me as I had it in March till June 05 with NTL and their tech. dept. could not solve it iether. Explained this at the time of applying on phone to Tiscali. Informed by them no problem. Tried on my laptop as well and on a different phone point. No spaces, all small case, correct u/n and p/w.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:01 20 Nov 05

Create a New Telephon.ini File
To create a new Telephon.ini file, follow these steps:
1. Rename the Telephon.ini file located in the \Windows folder to Telephon.old.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Double-click the Tapiini.exe file located in the \Windows\System folder.

Note that the program runs very quickly. The Tapiini.exe file creates a new Telephon.ini file in the \Windows folder.

brickie5 20:20 20 Nov 05

Fruit Bat, thanks for quick reply, according to microsoft help this only applies to
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
•
Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
•
Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition

brickie5 20:21 20 Nov 05

Sorry forgot to mention O/S XP Prof.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:51 20 Nov 05

Start - Run - REGEDIT,

DisablePwdCaching string value in the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Policies\Network
If password caching is disabled, the DisablePwdCaching string value has a value data of 1.
To enable password caching, change the value data to "0" (without quotation marks).
If the DisablePwdCaching value does not exist, add this value with a data value of 0 to the registry key listed above. The DisablePwdCaching key is case sensitive.

brickie5 21:29 20 Nov 05

When I open policies, this is what I see, Non Enum,Ratings,System,no sign of Network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…