ADSL Problems

Mollo 18:50 05 Aug 05

Where can I get the detailed instructions for the installation of a wired router to connect to AOL

Graham ® 19:48 05 Aug 05

From AOL?

Mollo 10:02 06 Aug 05

Graham,
I know that seems the verrry obvious solution but alas AOL's support system has gone to hell in a handcart via India.
BT and AOL are not "shaking hands" or talking to each other so the customer is passed from one to the other (at his/her expense)with no progress.
There must be some way one can check where the fault lies.

ACOLYTE 10:10 06 Aug 05

What router is it? i found this for the Speedtouch 580,it may help a little.
click here

Taff36 10:21 06 Aug 05

American Link but basic AOL click here

Tell us which router and we`ll find you a link to it.

Mollo 10:34 06 Aug 05

The router is a Netgear DG 632 wired router.
Netgear say that all their routers are compatable with AOL

Taff36 10:53 06 Aug 05

click here And search for the links to the manual (Tick the box top right?)

Taff36 11:01 06 Aug 05

Sorry on the left! click here Post back if you have a particular problem. It`s tricky the first time you set up a router so don`t be afraid about asking.

Mollo 12:39 06 Aug 05

Thanks Taff36.
I've already accessed that site and printed off the installation instructions.
Visiting my daughter this weekend it's her problem so we'll see what transpires.
I've been "picking brains" in these forums for some time now normally with success.

Taff36 12:47 06 Aug 05

Let us know how you get on. The full manual is here click here 132 pages - suggest you download and copy to disk to take with you. Good Luck!

Mollo 09:36 04 Nov 05

Thanks for your responses.
Sorry I havent responded before now. It turned out that the BT engineer installed all the broadband stuff but didn't tell my daughter that she was "out of range" to receive broadband from her local exchange.She has now reverted to dial up and sorted out her AOL problem.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…