adsl no dial tone

hipdoob 08:04 26 Oct 06

im getting error code 680 (no dial tone )and yet bt says my line is working ok, my taskbar reads dsl disconected my isp and bt both say there is nothing wrong,can anyone help im at wits end,cheers hipdoob

Graham. 08:09 26 Oct 06

Is this a new installation, or has broadband worked in the past?

Taff™ 09:10 26 Oct 06

Sounds like your computer is looking for a dial up connection. Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools>Internet Options and on the connection tab make sure "Never dial a connection" is selected.

Miros 09:17 26 Oct 06

Had a similar problem the other day check all your
phones have filters on them, I had moved one when doing a complete reinstall and omitted to put it back with filter, result hours of frustration trying to connect to Internet.

SANTOS7 10:32 26 Oct 06

Error 680 No dial tone
This problem tends to occur between the modem and the phone line

* Make sure your telephone line is connected to your modem. Insert one end of the telephone wire into the wall socket and the other end into the back of the modem. When connecting the telephone line to the back of the modem, select the socket marked "Line" or "Telco".
* Unplug all other devices attached to the telephone line ( e.g. personal answering machine), and make sure your telephone receiver is on the hook.
* If you have a call minder or answering service, check and clear your new messages. This occurs because the call minder gives a series of tomes to tell you you have new messages which can sometimes interfere with the modem dial tone
* Run modem diagnostics which are available from the modem icon in the control panel to ensure your modem is responding

johnnyrocker 10:35 26 Oct 06

the above should not be necessary with broadband take the advice re internet options and it should resolve your issue.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…