ADSL, new ethernet modem

Alex-188000 19:31 07 Apr 05

I use to have a USB modem that connected me to my adsl by Solo.Pipex. I recently got a new wireless router and i got a new ethernet modem for it. But I need help setting this up. Would I have to first instal the modem on my computer and make sure it dials out and connects then go about connecting it to the router? or do you do it some other way??? please help!!!
Thanks in advance

Forum Editor 20:17 07 Apr 05

to connect your modem directly into your router and configure it that way. The router will pass your login information to your ISP each time it (the router) is turned on.

Your router should have full details on how to do this in its setup instructions. One problem that can arise is that both the router and the modem may have a DCHP server running by default. You can only have one DCHP server on a network, and if you find that you have connection problems you may have to disable the server in the modem - let the router do the work.

Alex-188000 16:25 09 Apr 05

im guessing though that i would have to instal the drivers for my modem on my computer. I do have a floppy disk but i dont have a floopy drive on my laptop. I gave it to a friend and he said that the disk wouldnt work. So can someone help me find a driver for my modem please.

Modem: Nortel Networks, Universal Edge 20B

My router: Sitecom WL-517

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…