//some 3rd party need geo

ADSL Modem Settings

tbh72 14:02 10 Sep 03

I saw a thread some day's ago, which contained some excellent advise. Try as I might I cannot find the thread.

So for the benefit of everyone I will try and show you what to do to maximise you ADSL Modem Settings. Don't be fooled into a false sense of security "Oh here's another of those suggestions that doesn't work". Trust me it does.

click here

At the top of the screen is a drop down menu list select Broadband -> Broadband Tools -> SG TCP/IP Analyzer. If your ADSL Setup is the default it will recommend downloading a tweak program to alter your Modem Settings. The relevant program can be found under the menu Broadband -> Broadband Tools -> SG TCP/IP Optimizer.

Follow the simple instruction's and enjoy the resulting "MAX - From your modem".

I am with FS Broadband and my average d/l speed was 413kbps, the worst being 407kbps and my best being 429kbps.

According to click here the maximum speed for FS BB is 480kbps my result's have been coming back between 467 - 473 kbps.

Hopefully the person whom replied on the original thread whom recommended the above link will post back to answer further questions which may be raised.

tbh72 12:58 11 Sep 03

I can't believe this thread has had no takers!!! You must all be a)without broadband or b)genius's.

I'll bump it just incase it's been over looked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…