ADSL modem Router and two computers

whitehall 13:09 12 Aug 05

I have just set-up Broadband, I have purchased a Netgear ADSL Modem Router (DG632), which has both USB and Ethernet connectivity cababilities. In the blurb it says "NETGEAR's ADSL Modem Router lets you connect two devices - Ethernet and USB".
I have it connected via the USB port and cable to my desktop computer, this works fine. Because it has both the USB and Ethernet connection cables, would it be possible to use the Ethernet cable and connect and configure it for my laptop which has a Ethernet port, or is it likely to be only one or the other type of connection?
I would hope to be able to use both my laptop and desktop machines through the same modem router. Is this possible does anyone know before I start trying to configure and get into a mess!!

Forum Editor 08:04 13 Aug 05

via an Ethernet cable - just go ahead and click the cable into one of the router's LAN ports, and then connect the other end to the same port on the laptop.

whitehall 14:55 13 Aug 05

Thank you for your response, I will give it a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…