ADSL Modem Problems

Mike-287412 20:40 15 May 05

Guys,

I recently installed a Novatech(Edimax) wireless ADSL router. It works OK but I cannot access some websites. click here, click here and click here will all not come up. Secure sites like barclays.co.uk are fine. The PC, running WinXP just sits there and does nothing. Reconnecting my BT Voyager modem and all is OK(This is how I am doing this!) I have disabled the modem internal firewall but there are a lot of other acronyms I do not understand. EDIMAX help is useless.

ANY IDEAS?

Mike

woodchip 21:50 15 May 05

Why not try Enable Firewall and then set it to allow the sites through

Mike-287412 12:30 17 May 05

Woodchip, Good idea. Thanks I will try that.

Mike

Mike-287412 14:58 18 May 05

I am now being told by EdiMax to check the MTU value and change it in all my computers but I do not see why as they all work perfectly OK with any other modem.

woodchip 17:55 18 May 05

You will lose date packets if it's not correct or it will stop now and again. I am with BT/NTLworld Freedom Package. MTU for them is 1430

Taw® 19:30 18 May 05

can I ask how to check and change MTU?

woodchip 19:36 18 May 05

On my computer it is set in my Router Modem through a Internet page. But it may be set in your Registry. Depends on Modem

Mike-287412 09:41 27 May 05

After threatening to take Novatech and EdiMax to task for selling a router which would not work with the UK largest ISP, EdiMax have agreed to replace for another model which can be set up via the router set up as you describe. I was not prepared to mess about in the registry of all the computers in the house and my visitors and colleagues to my home office.

I WIN!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…