ADSL modem fails in XP Pro

bw48 14:14 04 Sep 03

I have the situation where the my adsl modem(US Robotics Sureconnect) clears down after a brief period on XP pro. It goes offline after about 1-2 mins and then refuses to connect again.. It works ok on WIN98SE.. I have updated the software for the modem and tried all the suggested fixes from KM KB pages. As I am new to XP PRO I guess im missing something simple here. I would appreiciate any help please.

Mezzo 14:31 04 Sep 03

do you have both US Robotics Sureconnect ADSL Modem and ADSL Utility programs up and running (both 1.62mb shown in add/remove programs)?

bw48 15:25 04 Sep 03

Mezzo, Yes I have the full product installed. In fact I have reinstalled them several times. I looked at the US Robotics sight in the hopes that they may have the answere, alas no.. Ihave no way of proving this but I get the immpression that some other program (networK, though not installed) is kicking the broadband out. If that makes sense..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…