ADSL modem disconnecting.

rufustanner_II 23:43 11 Feb 07

Further to my earlier posting about my internet disconnecting, I've noticed that the ADSL LED flashes as though its lost the connection. This lasts for about ten seconds. When I try to reconnect I either get the 'Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated' or it comes up saying there is no dial tone (I've checked the phone and the dial tone is present). Either way I can reconnect to the net after about ten seconds. I just wondered if there could be a problem with the phone line as there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the cables. Talk about annoying.
Cheers.
Steve.

spuds 00:11 12 Feb 07

Best to stick with the original thread if possible, then people will know what you are talking about, and what conclusions were made.

What happens after you have rebooted your computer, do you have the same problem and error message.

Is the modem connected direct into the computer socket, or via a hub (powered/un-powered).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…