ADSL Modem connection problems

otubby1 13:59 24 May 03

Now then guys, someone must have come across this before!

I restored my WinXP Pro system after a small problem and everything went back to normal, except my modem! What happens now is, I boot up and everything appears fine, BUT, my modem is offline?

If I warm reboot through the start menu, I get the green arrows and can connect.

The thing is, I can't restore any futher back than I did. Any ideas?

mikef™ 14:46 24 May 03

Is it possible you have restored to before the modem was installed so you have no drivers recognised.

Best suggestion I have is to delete your modem inc drivers and reinstall everything.

otubby1 15:42 24 May 03

What a MAN! I didn't go back to before I installed the drivers. But I did go back to before I installed The update!

Thank you very much for being brighter than me.

otubby1 13:58 26 May 03

But I have to get more help on this. I thought mikef™ had it sorted, but unfortunately not, I still have the problem :(

Same as. Bootup - no modem. Warm re-boot - yes modem?

Why does XP recognise it the second time, but not the first?

otubby1 23:06 26 May 03

^Bump^

otubby1 22:42 06 Jun 03

I know I've ticked this as resolved, but I have further information on the ongoing problem.

By sheer chance, I happened to turn my all singing, all dancing printer/cum/xxxxx thingy on just before booting the comp. I got the modem link light and green arrows on.

It then occurred to me that I had updated my printer drivers from Epson just prior to the problem starting. If it's on, things are good, if it's off, can't connect.

Can any of you tell me why having the printer on or off should affect my internet connection?

It's got both me and Epson baffled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…