ADSL Modem

blackmoon 23:53 06 Jan 03
  blackmoon 23:53 06 Jan 03

I can't yet afford broadband, it may sound stupid, in fact I know it does. I'm building a new pc, and will eventually get broadband, Can i use an ADSL modem with my normal btopenworld acount, is there any way to make the modem work at 56K til i get broadband?
Try not to laugh too hard!!!!

LastChip 23:56 06 Jan 03

;-)

DieSse 23:57 06 Jan 03

No, you can't do anything with an ADSL modem except ADSL. So get one when you do want to sign up for it.

By the way - it's not a silly question, if you don't know the answer to it - perfectly sensible thing to ask.

Steve N 23:59 06 Jan 03

don't worry not laughing! I assume when you say btopenworld that this is a normal 56k dial-up service? If so then you can't use an ADSL modem with it.

I currently use Freedom 2 Surf broadband. It is wires only so i bought my own modem and microfilters from ebuyer. The PCI modem was only about £30 the microfilters about £3 each. The service itself is only £22.50 a month for your standard 512/256 and a contention of 50:1. Activation is quite expensive though. Cost me £70 but i believe there is a discount with most service providers either now or in the near future.

blackmoon 00:02 07 Jan 03

Ok, thanks DieSse and Chip.Well, I'll just have to wait.

blackmoon 00:06 07 Jan 03

That doesn't sound that bad when i read your figures. I thought it would be more expensive than that.
Thanx steve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…