ADSL MAX Line Stats Improvement Guide...

Radix Lecti 15:06 17 Apr 06

Hi all, I'm hoping this will help at least 1 person out there!

I got 'MAXED' on Thursday (13th) with my ISP Freedom2Surf and have never synced at anything higher than 7300 and had a noise margin of 5db (1.3km away from exchange).

I'm a complete DIY numpty, but followed the following guide (which took about a minute), and now I'm synced at 8128 with a noise margin of 8.3db.

click here

That's gotta help along the line somewhere.

Link to guide taken from this helpful page (click here)

CurlyWhirly 15:43 17 Apr 06

Very good article that.
I myself fitted a BT faceplate a few weeks ago.
I also upgraded to an Ethernet router from a USB modem so I can't really do anymore to increase my chances of getting a faster speed apart from moving closer to the exchange which isn't really practical to be honest!

Confab 15:56 17 Apr 06

I've got whats called hard wired ADSL. Basically a BT man came to my house and fitted the socket so I don't need filters on any of my phones.

My ISP is Madasafish and I'm getting MAXED on 25th April. According to BT my line speed should be between 6.5 and 8mb. Anyway my stats are these

Statistics Downstream Upstream
Line Rate 2272 288
Noise Margin 30.4 dB 31.0 dB
Line Attenuation 19.5 dB 16.0 dB
Output Power 11.9 dBm 17.8 dBm

Not sure if this will be good enough for 6.5mb but I'll find out on 25th.

Confab

Radix Lecti 15:56 17 Apr 06

My noise signal has not gone up to 8.7db, so I'm very pleased with it, and I'm sure it'll result in less dropouts and a faster connection (even if it's only marginally).

What different could I expect from a BT faceplate?

Radix Lecti 15:57 17 Apr 06

I should say, it's gone up to 8.7db!

CurlyWhirly 16:07 17 Apr 06

What different could I expect from a BT faceplate?

I fitted a BT faceplate and my SN/R went up from around 25 dB to between 28 and 29 dB so it was worth it IMHO.

Radix Lecti 16:09 17 Apr 06

On a 2meg line?

How much are these faceplates, roughly?

CurlyWhirly 16:11 17 Apr 06

No on a 1 Mb line.

I paid less than £20 for mine inc VAT and delivery and were simple to fit as well.

Confab 16:12 17 Apr 06

If you're synced at 8128 what results do you get from a speedtest?

say this one
click here

Confab

Radix Lecti 10:16 18 Apr 06

Well, I broke 6000kbps this morning, and at the mo, I'm hovering around 5500kbps (click here).

Mikè 11:02 18 Apr 06

click here a good guide to the adsl faceplate's, they also sell them modified so that you can make a neater job of the wiring (the front adsl socket on mine is not used as the wire comes from the back) no additional filters needed whatsoever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…