ADSL Max

Jackcoms 20:37 18 Apr 06

There are several threads running in the Forums about ADSL Max which, I gather, is the dog's dangley bits of ADSL.

Unfortunately, I need someone to hold my hand and explain it to me.

I have established from BT that I "may" be able to receive up to 5Mbps from my local exchange which is Max enabled.

I am currently on a 2Mbps package with Tiscali using a Sagem Fast 800-840 USB modem. I also gather that I stand a better chance of receiving ADSL Max if I replace the modem with an ethernet router. OK, I understand that much.

How do I then get the Max service. Do I speak to BT (to whom I pay line rental) or do I speak to Tiscali (my ISP and ADSL provider)?

As far as I know Tiscali don't offer a Max service. I'm confused, please help me!!

CurlyWhirly 23:02 18 Apr 06

"As far as I know Tiscali don't offer a Max service. I'm confused, please help me!!"

Join the club.
I'm with AOL and although I know that they will be launching a faster broadband service, I have no idea when this is going to be and also I have no idea whether they are going to launch just a LLU service or a mixture of AOL LLU and BT's Max DSL?

I am going to migrate to another ISP when my current contract is up and if it is true that Tiscali don't offer Max DSL then perhaps you should also migrate?

I can't believe that Tiscali have NO intention of ever offering a Max DSL service as they will surely lose loads of customers eager to take advantage of the faster broadband speeds?

ed-0 23:24 18 Apr 06

Check to see if your exchange has been or is about to be max enabled click here

Then send a pm to MK Andy click here He's very good and will do what he can. I did with very positive results.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…