//some 3rd party need geo

ADSL icon in taskbar

i have an ADSL(crossed) icon in mt taskbar,it is not used,i have tried to always hide but it keeps re-emerging,can i remove it completely from the taskbar without removing it from my system

AubreyS 12:39 01 Mar 04

I tried to do the same as you with a network connection that I don't use. The same happened to me, it keeps re-emerging. I cannot find anyway of getting rid of it. Maybe you can't do it.

Dipso 12:59 01 Mar 04

Have you checked to see if you can stop it from loading at start up in msconfig (Start>Run>type msconfig and click on Start Up tab). I had one loading for my Alcatel modem and this stopped the icon but didn't affect the modem otherwise.

AubeyS

I have 2 Network connection icons in the taskbar which I don't use but I haven't figured out how to remove these yet myself.

AubreyS 13:04 01 Mar 04

Thanks CHILLZ. Its not a problem, just a bit annoying really. I'll live with it.

Good luck.

AubreyS 13:05 01 Mar 04

Sorry, that posting should have been addressed to Dipso.

Hi dipso,cant find annything in msconfig/startup,what would it be abreviated to?
in network connections ive right clicked Local Area Connections and checked disable,and exit on the taskbar icon,ive not seen it since but am sure it will emerge again

Dipso 13:12 02 Mar 04

Depends, what kind of ADSL modem do you have, (do you have one at all?)

Audeal 13:58 02 Mar 04

I don't know which OS you are using. These instruction refere to XP pro. So you can try this in the hope that it will work. Or it may lead you to an alternitive idea. Open Control Panel > Click on Network Connections. You should find a modem connection icon here. Right click and select Properties. In the bottom left corner you should find a tick box labeled " Show icon in notification area when connected " Remove the tick. Click OK.

As I say, This is for XP pro. I hope it helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…