ADSL Experiment,Speedtouch330 & 2 PCs - Interestin

AngeTheHippy 17:11 19 Apr 05

Hi Chaps
As u know, we moved from London to Lincolnshire in Feb this year-brought my BB provider with me. I'm on what is called a 'long' line - far from the exchange. The past few days, I've had no BB signal for a good part of the time. I started an experiment, as I saw a pattern emerging. Today, I've noted the times I've been online before the line dropping - they are: 09:54 to 10:04,10:08-10:18,14:06-14:16,14:35-14:46,15:21-15:30,
15:55-16:05,16:14-16:23. In virtually EVERY instance, I was online for 10-minute chunks. 7 chunks in all. After the 6th chunk, I did a system restore (try everything!!)but the next chunk was for 10 minutes also. I'm using a SpeedTouch330 modem, and when the line drops, apart from the icon in the system tray indicating that it's dropped, the right-hand light on the modem flashes on/off. I bought it from my IP, Eclipse, who I must say, have been very supportive.

I've powered up my laptop and, so far I've been online uninterrupted for 38 minutes.

38 MINUTES!!!!! Surely, the desktop PC wouldn't cause the modem to throw the signal? COULD it?

I'm very, very purplexed now. What do you think of this? Strange or what??

I think I'll leave the connection on and see just how long it will be connected.

thanks for listening.

AngeTheHippy
xx

Graham ® 17:27 19 Apr 05

My first thoughts - screensaver or similar (Allow the computer to turn off this device?)kicking in?

Or, as I mentioned in your other post, a USB power problem?

Yoda Knight 17:27 19 Apr 05

Strange....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:38 19 Apr 05

Have yoy tried running DR Speedtouch?

Latest drivers from Actelfor the speed touch?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…