adsl connection drops intermitantly

Anthony-223690 11:58 14 Sep 03

I have Freeserve Broadband and a Zoom 5506 PCi adsl Modem.

for several months i've had no problems with my connection, but now the adsl line drops every so often.

the only recent change that could have caused this was installing Outpost ver.1. this is when the problems started. I removed outpost but still no improvement so i contacted freeserve and they said it to do with the firewall. I also contacted zoom who also think its the firewall.

reading advise on an outpost forum i folled advice on clearing outpost from the registry and guess what. I still have the problem.

Im running win98SE AMD 1700+xp IE6

Zoom Driver 4012.099.050.000

If anybody can help it would be great as my always on connection is now a hard to keep conection.

Thanks Antman

Forum Editor 12:27 14 Sep 03

and have done for a long time. It's never made the slightest difference to my broadband connection, and I'm at a loss to think why it should. I'm not surprised to learn that Freeserve blamed the firewall - they've got to blame something I suppose - but I am surprised that Zoom did the same thing.

Do youn have the Outpost security setting configured to 'Allow most'?

Anthony-223690 13:10 14 Sep 03

bellow text is from Zoom

---------------The problem is the software firewall. Ther must be soem settings that are still causing issues with your browser. Contact the tech support of Out post and see if they can determine what settings were altered.

Good Luck-----------------------------------

As i said I have uninstalled the outpost program and outpost no longer support Ver.1

Like you, i can't see why a firewall would iterupt a dsl line

It is the dsl connection that drops the 2 monitor lights for freeserve connection remain for upt 60 seconds after the modem connection drops. If the connecton reconnects during this time then i do not have to log into freeserve. However somtimes the connection can drop for several minutes and then i have to reconnect to freeserve.

I have removed all the entries for agnitum from the registry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac