ADSL connection to 2 PCs.

Meshuga 20:18 05 Jun 04

I have 2 pcs on same phone line both on XPhome. One pc is connected via an adsl external usb modem and the other is connected via a dialup modem on pay as you go. Can I configure the second pc to run on adsl by swapping the external modem when required since only one pc would be in use at any one time or could I use a second adsl modem as I have one. Also, if I do this, would my isp require me to pay another fee.? I dont want to bother setting up a network.Main reason for it is so a family member can use the other pc on adsl. Thanks, Meshuga.

Charence 20:21 05 Jun 04

If you're only going to be using 1 PC at a time, then it is possible to move ext modem from PC to PC.

Using another modem maybe a better option because you will not have to carry one around. As long as you disconnect your other connection before you connect on another computer, your ISP shouldn't charge you extra.

Charence

Meshuga 20:29 05 Jun 04

Many thanks Charence,I thought I could do it, just wanted confirmation. Regards,Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…