ADSL Access Trouble

Hello, any help appreicated.

I live in Windsor in range of an ADSL enabled exchange. When i ordered 'Broadband' through BT they initially say everything is fine, then cancel the order when they do a further survey.

Reason given is that there is a 'condensor' on the line. Has ayone else had this problem / heard of a condensor? What makes it intresting though is that i live in a maissonette, my neighbour downstairs has broandband through BT!!! The phone line enters the building in one location then splits into the two flats.

BT have been as usefull as a chocolate fireguard and their helpdesk seems to be staffed by salespeople with no real technical knowledge. LOL, i sound stressed don't I?

Cheers

Duncan

anon1 15:51 14 Feb 04

How about this for a solution then. Go halves with your neighbour and set up a local network. Share the adsl and both have broadband. You can still set up your own email address but your neighbour would have to do that bit for you. Other than that go back to bt internet and ask to speak to the complaints dept.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…