adserver.adtech.de

Michendi 13:20 19 Jul 05

In the past week, everytime I connect to this Forum I become infected with the *&^%$ adserver.adtech.de adware.

I use Trend Micro Intenet Suite, Ad-Aware SE and MS AntiSpyware as a first line of defence but somehow this annoying adware still gets through.

Is it just me..... or are others having the same problem.

stlucia 13:26 19 Jul 05

I don't think I've been infected with anything, but I do notice that the forum often takes a long time to load. At the bottom left it often says "Waiting for adtech.de", or something similar. I've assumed that adtech handle the advertising for the forum, and my PC is downloading the displayed ads.

Mikè 15:17 19 Jul 05

I've just been experimenting with blocking ad's using host file entries, and pca's pages load quicker allowing ad's than blocking them, Adtech.de seems to be the bottleneck.

reyas 12:56 16 Sep 05

I have the same problem when accessing PCA's site. I am using a hosts file. But how do you stop that darn annoying login box from adserver.adtech.de popping up four or five times every time you browse to another page on PCA's site?

MAJ 13:06 16 Sep 05

Add these lines to your Hosts file, that should stop them.

127.0.0.1 adforce.adtech.de

127.0.0.1 adserver.adtech.de

127.0.0.1 adserv003.adtech.de

127.0.0.1 imageserv.adtech.de

127.0.0.1 livingnet.adtech.de

Diodorus Siculus 14:00 16 Sep 05

click here
What is the Hosts file? Take a look here - it will speed up lots of things and block unwanted ads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…