adode reader 8.1.0 now out

sunny staines 16:26 06 Jun 07

ready for download

Jackcoms 16:38 06 Jun 07

The usual Adobe bloatware - 32 meg for the update plus another 14 meg if I wanted the German/French/Portuguese/Chinese language option!

cocteau48 16:46 06 Jun 07

Thank you sunny staines but for day to day use and a lot less bloated - Foxit
click here

Jackcoms 16:59 06 Jun 07

Bookmarked

BryanR 17:24 06 Jun 07

The download is only 2.6MB when you update from within the software.

There seem to be a hard core of anti-Adobe activists on this forum - I don't understand the reasons for being so negative. Let's face it, 32MB (or 46MB if you want the other languages) isn't going to make a difference on most systems, where users will have 100GB+ hard drives.

sunny staines 17:29 06 Jun 07

free software you take it or leave it, foxit is also good software. I like adobe reader myself hence the posting for others who like it and may want to update.

Jackcoms 17:45 06 Jun 07

"The download is only 2.6MB when you update from within the software".

Nonsense. I just did - and it was 32 meg, hence my post of 16:38

RickyC :-) 17:49 06 Jun 07

One thing which I've noticed when testing Foxit Reader, is that it doesn't appear to work properly with interactive links from PDFs. I'm referring specifically to the interactive links which we include on the cover disc menu with PC Advisor, Macworld and Digital Arts magazines.

The install buttons and banner advertisement either don't show at all, or they are simply highlighted in yellow. It hides the text - which is particularly irritating as it means anyone using Foxit Reader won't actually be aware that there are clickable buttons which install the applications.

I've left a message with Foxit Software, and am hoping to be able to find out whether they intend to include the interactive functionality with future updates. I'll keep you posted, but in the meantime, I'd recommend that readers use Adobe Reader (in spite of the download size) to browse the cover disc contents. :)

regards
Richard
Cover Disc Editor

BryanR 18:22 06 Jun 07

Nonsense?

It says 2.6MB for me when I update it through Adobe Reader...

Probabilitydrive 18:40 06 Jun 07

this here click here gives Adobe a run for its money and has more features than you can shake a Swiss at...

Jake_027 18:48 06 Jun 07

It's 2.6mb initially, but if you check again after installing that the 32.6mb appears.

Jake

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…