adober reader download problem

jimmybond 21:40 15 Aug 06

I'm trying to download adobe reader onto a laptop - does anyone know where I can get the full version - that does not use the small ADM extractor on Adobe's site? For some reason, this ADM extractor will not work - "there is no application associated with this extension...", or something like that?

GaT7 02:14 16 Aug 06

If using Win 2000/XP & above click on any one of the links at click here. G

GaT7 02:19 16 Aug 06

Click on the Filename & not the Search links. G

Andsome 08:17 16 Aug 06

Try Foxit instead. It is much smaller than Adobe Reader and does the job fine. The very first time you use it, you may have to click to tell it to read that document. After one use it finds documents itself and opens them.

click here

Belatucadrus 12:07 16 Aug 06

Agree with Andsome, Foxit's much faster smaller and in all ways superior to the bloat that is Reader.

jimmybond 12:32 16 Aug 06

ok thanks folks, I'll try Foxit instead. I'm a little concerned by the fact that the ADM extractor doesn't work though - I assume this is something with the laptop configuration. Any ideas on this?

yaesu 15:16 16 Aug 06

Great, wish I'd found this ages ago! Thanks. yaesu

Andsome 08:25 17 Aug 06

If you want to get rid of two more bloated invasive programs, uninstall Quick Time and Real Player, and download two VERY small alternative players.

click here

click here

€dstowe 08:30 17 Aug 06

Utterly agree with Andsome's recommendations for Foxit and the alternatives to RP and Quicktime.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac