Adobe to Word

duplo 17:22 18 May 03

My friend had an old machine, and she has not got Adobe.

I can download the Adobe document, can I then convert it to word and email it her as a word doc.

fitshase 17:28 18 May 03

You can dowload adobe acrobat reader onto your friend's computer. This is free from Adobe and will allow her to view all PDF files.

As for converting it, if you have Adobe Acrobat (NOT the reader), you can save it as an image file (JPG, TIFF, etc) or as a Rich Text Format (RTF) which can be opened in Word. If you save it as a Rich Text Format, then you will lose the layout.

Hope this helps

interzone55 17:43 18 May 03

In a word - No.

Best bet is to download Adobe Acrobat Reader, it's free and put it on her PC.

The only way you could copy & paste the text is if you have a full copy of Acrobat and do it from there. Even then, if the document is locked in any way (ie if it's copywrited) the you can't even do that.

Just put acrobat reader on her machine, it's available for almost all operating systems right back to Windows 95. To download the latest version-

click here.

If her OS is older Windows 95 you can get Acrobat 2 to 4 from here

click here

Just be aware that some documents created in Acrobat 5 don't render well in versions before 3.

Lú-tzé 17:48 18 May 03

You can possibly download the Adboe document, copy the contents, and paste into a Word document. This is only if the creator of the Adobe documents has allowed this to be done though - sometimes they can be locked to prevent their being copies, printed and so on.

otubby1 18:19 18 May 03

But yes you can!

What you need to do is download the document(s) you require into Adobe Acrobat Reader. You then click the text tool, which is a T with a dotted square beside it on the right of the toolbar. Highlight the text you want, then copy and paste into Word.

You can then save it as a Word document and e-mail it or whatever, as such.

duplo 19:45 18 May 03

All sorted now!

duplo 19:46 18 May 03

All sorted now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…