adobe virus

rdunn 00:44 19 Aug 04

does anyone have any idea of the viruses that adobe would activate if an unoficial programme is registered... any suggestions on how to detect and remove this would be good... rescue discs have been used and the norton antivirus does not pick up any virus on my computer...please help..

hugh-265156 01:56 19 Aug 04

how do you know you have a virus if norton does not detect it?

if norton or any antivirus program installed on your computer is kept up to date then it should pick up a virus as soon as you go to open the folder containing it or hover your mouse over the .exe for example.

so long as you are up to date and scan regularly then i dont think its a virus. what is the problem you are having with adobe please (im guessing reader or photoshop?) and why do you think you have a virus?

in the mean time (you probally know this) you know spyware can cause havoc and most of it will not be detected by any up to date antivirus products. maybe download adaware and spybot and install, update and run them both. delete anything they find. click here click here then install spywareblaser and update it click here and 'enable all protection' cant hurt.

not sure sorry.

iambeavis 11:02 19 Aug 04

Your previous posting click here, suggests that the problem lies with the illegal copy of Photoshop CS which was installed. All Adobe products installed on a machine, to the best of my knowledge, share common files and, if the files for CS were corrupt it is possible that these common files have also been messed up. You will need to get advice from a forum member who is more knowledgable than I, but I would imagine that it will require a total uninstall/reinstall of all Adobe programmes on your computer including a clean out of the registry. I'm sorry I'm not able to be of more help to you.

ventanas 11:22 19 Aug 04

Yep. C:\ Program Files\Common Files\Adobe.

A salutory lesson if ever there was one. Take the advice of iambeavis and ensure that everything on your system for Adobe has gone, and then reinstall.

Adobe would never place a virus, or anything like on any of their programs. My guess is that there was something very wrong with the pirate program that was installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now