Adobe update error

muddypaws 08:10 AM 17 Jun 11
Answered

I am getting error 1635 when trying to install the latest update. According to their website it is a Win. Install registry problem. I dont fancy doing their recommended registry fix, so can I just un-install Adobe with Revo and download Adobe again.? Thanks.

James Hull 08:18 AM 17 Jun 11

If you are not comfortable editing the registry then yes, uninstalling adobe and reinstalling should fix the problem.

I am not too familiar with Revo, however sometimes uninstalling an application will not remove all the registry entries so you could try running a registry cleanup to remove dead entries using something like ccleaner found here (direct download from file hippo found here). Just make sure you backup first! I use ccleaner regularly and have no problems but you never know. Better safe than sorry.

muddypaws 09:06 AM 17 Jun 11

James Hull Thanks. Yes-- I use all your suggestions regularly. So will un-install.

muddypaws 09:31 AM 17 Jun 11
Answer

All seems Ok after installing V. 10. Will wait and see if I get an update pop up still.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…