Adobe update

hiwatt 18:53 21 Jan 08

Hi folks,I've just updated to the latest version of adobe(for security reasons) as I still had version 7.0.It was a very large update and has used just under 4 gig of hardrive space.What I'd like to know is bar being able to read PDF files would it do any harm If I just uninstalled and deleted everythinh to do with adobe?As I don't use it.Thanks.

Stuartli 19:00 21 Jan 08

If you just wish to read .pdf files, then you can certainly uninstall Adobe and, instead, use the much smaller and neater Foxit Reader. See:

click here

It's freeware. There's also an editor if you wish, equally as small.

cocteau48 19:04 21 Jan 08

or..
PDF Exchange
click here
like Foxit it is tiny compared to Adobe

Stuartli 19:08 21 Jan 08

Adobe Reader 8.1.1 takes up 128MB on my system.

hiwatt 19:21 21 Jan 08

It's size is listed as being 22mb but I had 49.57gb free space on my drive today and now I have 45.7 and all I've done is install adobe 8.1.I dont think system restore has done it either.What else would I need to keep adobe for?Thanks.

eedcam 19:25 21 Jan 08

Do a search for all files created today and see what comes up alongside Adobe

hiwatt 20:07 21 Jan 08

I was using belarc advisor as the info for this.It's showing 49gb free where as if I just go to c drive properties it's showing 45gb free.So I've not really lost anything.Would it do my computer any harm atall if I uninstalled adobe and deleted anything to do with it?Thanks.

hiwatt 20:09 21 Jan 08

For some reason it's slowed down quite a bit after installing this 8.1.1 version.I uninstalled the old version and deleted all folders.Thanks.

mooly 12:36 22 Jan 08

Like hiwatt, I too tried updating from AdobeReader 7 to the latest version and had problems, specifically that I did not seem able to save pdf documents from web pages to the hard drive.A lot of options on the toolbar just changed to a "no entry" sign when I hovered cursor over them. By the way did you update from the "update to latest reader" option in version 7 or did you go to Adobe's site to upgrade.
Karl

hiwatt 13:34 22 Jan 08

I uninstalled adobe 7 completely and then downloaded and installed the latest version from the adobe site.

hiwatt 13:36 22 Jan 08

Can anyone please tell me what I won't be able to do if I uninstall adobe?Will it affect any other programs?Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017