Adobe stopped working, wont install, asks for CD ?

jon_hoggy 12:02 28 Jul 07

Hi, somehow, i dont know how, Adobe Reader stopped working. So i unintalled it and then went to Adobe site and downloaded Adobe 8 install file. It goes so far then stops and says "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available" insert Adobe 6.0.1 and click ok". I cant ever remember having a disk, the pc was pre-loaded. I cant find any help on their site. Anyone experience and solved this problem ? Thanks for your time.

brundle 12:17 28 Jul 07

An older version may have left unwanted registry entries; get 6.01 here (click here), install, reboot, uninstall , give your registry a clean up with CCleaner (click here use the Issues button and make a backup) reboot, now try the latest version.
Or something a bit less bloated;
click here
or
click here

brundle 12:18 28 Jul 07

Get the latest reader here if you stick with Adobe; click here

jon_hoggy 15:07 28 Jul 07

Thanks Bundle, 6.01 wont install, same issues, so i installed the CCleaner and cleared the issues, rebooted, and still stuck with same problem. Any other ideas??

VoG II 15:09 28 Jul 07

Try Foxit as an alternative click here

brundle 15:10 28 Jul 07

Try this click here

jon_hoggy 17:06 28 Jul 07

Grreeeat. That worked, thanks brundle, top notch, i owe you a pint. Thanks VoG too. One problem down, two to go...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…