Adobe Shockwave Problem

0cco 20:59 01 Oct 08

Hey, I have the same problem with the red X and used to have Winpatrol but uninstalled it, could it still be blocking the active X even now its not installed? Currently running Kaspersky IS 2009, Could anyone tell me exactly how to allow this active X and what file it is im looking for as i'm a bit of a noob and don't know where to find this hidden file as grezza had trouble locating it also! All help very much appreciated!

Established it must be something to do with active X and some settings somewhere, but no idea how to sort it out!

Fried~Chips 22:17 01 Oct 08

Can you please describe what problem you have from the begining and which version of Windows, which internet browser please.

baldydave 22:45 01 Oct 08

Check Kaspersky is not blocking shockwave from running,check the firewall in kaspersky.

0cco 23:24 01 Oct 08

what would the file be called that is being blocked?

0cco 11:41 02 Oct 08

My browser: Internet Explorer
Version of windows: XP SP3

From the beginning when I go on adobe, click "get shockwave player" next screen is the "agree and install" button, i click that and the next screen:

click here

^ This is what happens.. I'm pretty sure its something to do with active X being blocked but i dont know where.

brundle 13:15 02 Oct 08

Install the stand-alone version (close all browsers first); click here

baldydave 13:15 02 Oct 08

Try these settings and adjust to allow or prompt:
open Internet Explorer go to tools at the top of the page/internet options/security tab/click custom level,page down look for active x settings and change to suit.
Also go into kaspersky and look for the firewall part and then program control and make sure shockwave is allowed

0cco 15:36 02 Oct 08

tried both and still got the problem :( - allowed all on activ x tab

brundle 19:04 02 Oct 08

Look through some of the suggestions here; click here

Does it work if you disable all but the anti-virus element of Kaspersky temporarily?

0cco 22:19 02 Oct 08

yea mate, ive actually uninstalled kaspersky completely and still the same! Ill check out the suggestions, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…