Adobe Reader V8 - V9

compumac 16:18 10 Jul 08

I have only just today realised that my version of Adobe reader is V7 and I find that Version 8 and 9 are available. However googling for Adobe Reader I noticed, threads, perhaps out of date but indicating problems with version 9.
I also found that I had in fact downloaded version 8 last year but had not installed it.
I note comments in respect of other readers, but can anyone update me on current problems with Adobe Reader version 8 or 9?

sunny staines 16:29 10 Jul 08

had version 9 about a week seems ok

Pamy 16:33 10 Jul 08

If you go for version 9, you may have to put on version 8 first

compumac 16:35 10 Jul 08

Thanks for quick response.
The threads that I had come across in relation to version 9 were dated end of last year so I assumed that in all probability any problems would have been ironed out by now. I will download V9 and install it over the weekend in the absence of any adverse comments.

compumac 16:37 10 Jul 08

I had just taken version 7 off so there is no Adobe Reader currently installed. I was not sure as to whether or not you could install over the top of an earlier version or not.

compumac 18:12 10 Jul 08

I tried to install Adobe Reader V9 but it did not go anywhere. Subsequently I was able to install V8.1.2 and it is so much faster than version 7.
I will try V9 over the top of V8 as you indicated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…