adobe reader v8

Ventad 17:07 16 Oct 07

ADOBE READER

Since upgrading to V8 I cannot use adobe reader to read online files,I have also tried deleting the programme and re down loading but cannot down load, I get the same pop up half way through the download as I did whilst trying to read pdf on line stating the following :- "Windows cannot access the specified path,or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I am logged in as administrator, any ideas

tobyb121 17:10 16 Oct 07

try foxit reader, it is smaller and faster than adobe reader, and integrates into iexplorer in the same way. click here

bretsky 17:19 16 Oct 07

Use this and you'll wonder how you manged without it, far superior the Adobe

It's free and only 11Mbs click here

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 17:21 16 Oct 07

Managed.....doh

bretsky 17:23 16 Oct 07

Having a bad day...."far superior than"....

Ventad 17:28 16 Oct 07

Thanks bretsky just tried downloading came up with the same statement. I am wondering if it is some type of firewall problem? I am using Zone Alarm but cant see anything wrong there!!

john bunyan 18:22 16 Oct 07

Ventad. I had trouble with Adobe reader v8. On the Adobe website "troubleshooting" there's an article ID:kb400654. I had to manually uninstall previous versions of the reader from the registry (back up first!!) It works fine now but took ages to sort out. Good luck

beeuuem 18:30 16 Oct 07

Have a look at click here
which includes
4. Make sure that AdobePDF.dll is enabled. (Internet Explorer only)
Select Tools > Internet Options > Programs (tab) > Manage Add-ons.
Set Show to "Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer."
Find and select Adobe PDF Reader.
Make sure Enabled is selected.

Ventad 10:45 17 Oct 07

Thanks every one
but I have still got the same problem. could not find 'Adobe PDF Reader' in the add ons only adobe shockwave flash object and that is enabled. how can I get it without going to Microsoft market and giving Card details etc.

I havent messed with the registry yet have to have a quiet moment for that.

Ventad 14:40 17 Oct 07

FOUND IT!! the problem was Zone Alarm stopping me downloading and changing the registry thinking it was a virus. Turned off anti virus downloaded ,come off line finished installing then switched on ZA/anti virus and came back on line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos