adobe reader query

dragonfury 19:53 07 Sep 04

Hi out there, can only one tell me wether its possible to edit documents in adobe reader 6? I saved a pdf format document and I cant seem to edit/delete/cut txt only copy. I`ve tried copy to another word processor but it doesn`t display right. the text assembly is not supported when I view the properties for the document & i`m sure this is the reason? is there there another way to view/edit with the same layout?

brambles 20:13 07 Sep 04

You can only edit PDF files if you have the full application of Adobe Acrobat - most of us only have the reader version which enables us to look at the PDF files - but not edit them.

PDF files can be opened & edited in Photoshop if you know someone with this application.

There is a new programme called Solid Creator PDF I installed it from a CD on computer magazine but can't remember which one. This converts PDF files directly into Word where you can edit them.

PC World have a similar software on sale but it costs £50 approx.

The proper Acrobat programme costs HUNDREDS!!

Wak 20:45 07 Sep 04

As far as I am aware you are not supposed to be able to edit a PDF file. That's the whole purpose of putting text into a PDF file, so that other people cannot alter or modify the original text.

bretsky 22:11 07 Sep 04

Try this click here

It's not free though!

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…