Adobe Reader Problem

Graphicool1 17:00 06 Aug 09

Hi

Adobe Reader won't update and won't let me uninstall it. Any suggestions?

MAT ALAN 17:49 06 Aug 09

Try full install of said prog, try uninstall in safe mode

click here
try prog in link

then get rid completely and try superb alternative
click here

Taff™ 07:56 07 Aug 09

Or this alternative: PDF Xchange Viewer click here

Graphicool1 09:21 07 Aug 09

Thanks for your response.
Regarding your first suggestion, it won't let me do that either. It says something along the lines of 'You already have a working version installed.'
But it doesn't work.
Being an impatient person, I decided to try and delete the folder, it let me delete them, except for one and to get rid of that I had to go into 'Documents and Settings' and was able to delete the final - as I thought - part of the jigsaw. I followed this by running 'Auslogics Reg-Cleaner'. I then went into 'add remove programs' to delete the title. However, when I tried to delete it, it said..."Can't delete an MSI launcher" or something like that? So I changed it's name to 'Redundant' and then deleted it!
All gone now.

I've used 'Revo' in the past and found it good, I'll keep it for the next time - should there be one - and do it the easier way.

I looked at 'Foxit' the other day, but though you had to buy it. But I followed your link and it seems that the reader is free, I'll give it a go.

Hi Taff

Thanks for the alternative reader, I'll keep the details in case Foxit doesn't pan out.

Once again thank you both for responding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5