Adobe Reader lock up

Fritzman 22:45 26 Apr 05

After viewing an adobe document from any site on the net,cannot close the document by using the close square. Have to resort to File Manager and stop process running which results in this info block: One or more PDF documents are open inside a web browser. If you exit Adobe Reader now,those documents will be closed.Are you sure you want to exit?
There's no choice but to exit this way, unless someone knows different. Thank you.

lotvic 20:53 27 Apr 05

I usually just use the 'back' button to go back to previous webpage (which results in webpage of Adobe Reader and doc closing) - have never tried to just close the pdf doc and leave 'webpage' Adobe Reader open - I may be mistaken but I always thought that was just part of the site I was viewing and was seperate from my own installation.

bretsky 22:22 27 Apr 05

Uncheck the setting in Edit>Preferences>internet, "Display PDF in browser" then in that way when you click on a pdf link, the pdf when downloaded will open up its own separate window rather than the same page.

bretsky ;0)

lotvic 22:32 30 Apr 05

hey thanks I'll find that useful :))

Fritzman - how are you getting on with prob?

Fritzman 12:36 01 May 05

Thank you for the inputs but I haven't had the chance to try a fix yet. Where would I find the setting to edit as I've looked in Internet options and tools but can't see the preferences tab. Thank you.

VoG II 12:58 01 May 05

In Adobe Reader, Edit/Preferences, click Internet in the left hand pane then untick Display PDF in browser on the right.

Fritzman 19:17 01 May 05

OK, I found it and changed it. This should do the trick, thanks to all for your interest and support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac