ADOBE READER ERROR 1402

Sweet William 20:16 26 Aug 09

When trying to uninstall/intall Adobe Reader the following message appears: "Error 1402. Could not open key. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel".
Research I have undertaken suggests I need to alter the "Permissions" for the Key, which I have tried unsuccessfully to do. Can anyone please explain IN DETAIL how I take control of the Registry Key? My OS is 32 bit, Vista Home Premium. As I am reluctant to change Registry settings, is there an alternative method I can use to install/uninstall Adobe Reader?

MAT ALAN 20:30 26 Aug 09

click here

this may help...

click here

this link has a more than suitable alternative to Adobe's bloatware...

Sweet William 19:12 30 Aug 09

My sincere thanks, Mat Alan, for your extremely constructive help. I have spent a number of hours trying to find a way of uninstalling Adobe Reader. After your contribution, by selecting two options, problem solved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…