Adobe Reader down loading problem

Braniff 18:12 15 Oct 09

I need Adobe Reader but am hitting a problem. Gets to almost done and a box comes up with the following,
Click ok or try again, or alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Adobe Reader 6.0.1.msi' in box below.
C:\windows\cache\Adobe Reader 6.0.1.\ ENUBIG\.

I am at wits end and getting the same box come up, help appreciated.

tullie 18:18 15 Oct 09

Try Foxit Reader

Braniff 19:15 15 Oct 09

Thanks but I really need to install Adobe.

MAT ALAN 19:35 15 Oct 09

Foxit is a superb alternative to adobes bloatware,
the version shown in your post is also 6 years old, not sure why would want to install that particular version.

Braniff 20:02 15 Oct 09

Hi,

I have paid for some credits on a family research site to view births, marriages etc and it tells me I need to install Adobe to view.

Thanks

MAT ALAN 20:06 15 Oct 09

If the format is PDF then foxit is exactly the same as adobe "a reader of that particular format"
But that is the only similarity, adobe at 80+Mb foxit 1.4+Mb, Adobe half n hour to open, foxit almost instant....

sunnystaines 20:07 15 Oct 09

once you get it downloaded, run a registry checker for some reason a lot of stray registry keys left behind, not normally like this.

Braniff 20:18 15 Oct 09

Thanks very much, just down loaded Foxit, my Pc was very close to death after several hours of frustration!

Thanks all

wee eddie 13:20 18 Dec 09

without the special Toolbar, etcetera

MAT ALAN 14:43 18 Dec 09

How do I download Foxit
without the special Toolbar, etcetera

untick the box...

RGB76 14:48 18 Dec 09

I still use the 2.2 version, it works fine with Vista or Windows 7. I did try their newer versions but think the older one is best.

Regards

Russell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…