Adobe Reader 7

TonyAA 10:55 11 Nov 05

This program program is constantly updating and is now 105MB on my computer.I do not trust it one bit and was wondering if anyone had used Foxit PDF or Easy PDF or any other small basic program instead of it.

Sans le Sou 11:20 11 Nov 05

Mine is version 7.0.5 and is 61.48 Megs according to add/remove progs.

Monument 11:24 11 Nov 05

"I do not trust it one bit"

Can you say what you do not trust from a highly trespected piece of software.

kdt 11:27 11 Nov 05

my 7.0.5 is 63.2

vinnyT 11:28 11 Nov 05

Try foxit from click here

"Foxit Reader is small (the download size less than 1MB), so you can download it quickly. It doesn't need any lengthy installation, so you can start to run it as soon as you can download it."

It doesn't actually install to your disk, you just unzip the file to a folder you created in your file manager (d:\foxit, maybe) and double click on the .exe file to run it, I suggest you make it your default pdf reader. If you wish to uninstall it, just delete it, no fuss.

I also created a shortcut to my desktop by right clicking the exe file and dragging to where I wanted it.

I have had no probs reading any pdf docs with foxit and I've been using it (and installing on clients pcs) for about a year.

Hope this helps.

TonyAA 11:55 11 Nov 05

Just checked and the program is 95MB with two 5MB updates.Been a lot of talk on the net about this huge program and what exactly it's up to on your computer and I don't like the fact that it is constantly connecting to update itself - or so it says.

Thanks vinnyT,downloaded Foxit and will bin Adobe and see how it goes.

johnnyrocker 11:59 11 Nov 05

64 MB on my machine

johnny.

TonyAA 12:26 11 Nov 05

Before deleting I opened Adobe7 folder and found it contained Adobe6 so maybe that's why it it bigger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced