adobe reader

highside 11:49 03 Dec 06

Cant see the exact answer in the forum if someone could advise please?
Having been offered Adobe Reader V8.0 (while on line for other reasons) I have several times tried to upgrade as suggested from my present V7.0.7 but always fails. ie -
"The feature you are trying to use is on a network rescource that is unavailable"

Could this be because I have recently added Netscape to my PC?(as required by the Open university site) I Still use Internet Explorer but now Netscape is the default. (No problems reading PDFs.) If this is the problem how to I change defaults back and forth. Hope someone can understand what I am trying to say. Thanks.

anskyber 12:30 03 Dec 06

Do you mean version Adobe Reader 7.0.8?

anskyber 12:33 03 Dec 06

For clarification Adobe Acrobat v 8 is the paid for version not the basic reader.

jimv7 12:39 03 Dec 06

I have given up using adobe as its now become bloatware,I now use the free foxit from click here small program and very good.

highside 17:18 03 Dec 06

anskyber - yes I meant 7.08 reader.

john-232317 17:20 03 Dec 06

Try jimv7 link, far better and loads much faster.

anskyber 17:30 03 Dec 06

It could be their server is busy but you could try another link click here

anskyber 17:35 03 Dec 06

To make IE the default (for IE7) its tools, internet options,programs and click the make IE the default.

john-232317 17:38 03 Dec 06

Try jimv7 link, far better and loads much faster.

freaky 18:10 03 Dec 06

The latest version of Adobe Reader is V7.08 and works OK with IE6 and IE7, there were some bugs in earlier versions which are now fixed.

I suggest you download it to your desktop, then use Add/Remove programs to uninstall any other versions you may have....then install it. If you don't follow these instructions you will have problems.

VCR97 19:13 03 Dec 06

Apologies if this has already been posted.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…