//some 3rd party need geo

Adobe Reader

fuggle 10:59 27 Jun 04

Hi (my first posting so Oops beforehand)
Adobe Reader opens by default in My documents. I have a second hard drive D on which I have a folder for all pdf files. How can I set up Adobe so that it opens in my pdf foder on drive D.
Fuggle

Lozzy 12:18 27 Jun 04

Alter its path.

Right click the icon there you will see the path, alter it to D:mydocuments/name of folder for example

Pesala 12:19 27 Jun 04

I changed the "Start In" entry in the shortcut properties, but Adobe Reader always seems to want to start in C:\My Documents\ Perhaps someone can offer a registration hack, but the following is good enough.

Create a shortcut for Windows Explorer on your taskbar with the target properties to your PDF files. Launch that to get a list of your PDF files and open them in Adobe Reader with double-click. Enter something like this (assuming here that your PDFs are stored in D:\Portable Documents\) in the target properties for Windows Explorer.

C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE "D:\Portable Documents\", /e

Assign the Adobe Reader icon to the Windows Explorer shortcut by changing the icon.

Another way is to use a plug-in for your browser, and drag and drop the files into that.

fuggle 19:33 01 Jul 04

Hi guys, thanks. I am pursuing the advice. I had wondered whether READER contained something like the simple file Location facility in WORD (Tools, Options).

Regards fuggle

Pesala 19:57 01 Jul 04

I am not aware of any way to change the default path. It would be useful to be able to do that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…