Adobe raw

Dave was 7312 12:58 14 Oct 06

How does one access Adobe Raw?
Is it embedded on Photoshop 7 or CS?
I have a file in the Adobe folder headed Adobe Raw but I cannot see how to open it to edit pics.
Can anybody thow some light onto this?

woodchip 15:24 14 Oct 06

click here

free viewer

hssutton 17:39 14 Oct 06

Maybe a little more information is required, as to my knowledge there is no such thing as Adobe Raw.

There is Adobe Camera Raw, but this is for converting a cameras raw file to tiff/Jpg.

There is also Adobe DNG, but this is Adobes attempt to standardise the Raw format which is different on each and every make of camera and can also be different on various models within a companies range.

Finally there is Photoshop Raw, which is for the following, and I really do not have a clue.

A Photoshop Raw file is a Photoshop PSD file without a header. The header
information must be entered when the file is imported into Photoshop. The
raw format is used to import and export bitmap data using a very simple,
uncompressed binary format.

Dave was 7312 16:53 15 Oct 06

Pardon my ignorance
What I meant was Adobe Camera Raw

woodchip 16:55 15 Oct 06

Have you tried the software from my link?

Dave was 7312 16:59 15 Oct 06

Thank you woodchip I will try it but first I was trying to find out about Adobe Camera Raw

woodchip 17:02 15 Oct 06

All it is, is a Photo format, as in Tiff or Jpg etc

woodchip 17:03 15 Oct 06

PS if you want to put photos on a CD to look at on a DVD drive via TV it should be in JPG or Kodak

hssutton 17:25 15 Oct 06

Well Dave it's as I said it's Raw Image Convertor which will process the raw data from almost all digital camera's.

ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) is part and parcel of CS2. If however you are wanting to convert raw files and do not have the latest version of Photoshop you can download Adobe Lightroom beta. click here.

The beta version will end February 28, This program is IMO far better than ACR, it's a little tardy in operation, but well worth the download.

If you are wanting a raw conversion program, you could do much worse than download click here.
This an excellent product recently taken over by Adobe and was my preference over ACR.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac