Adobe Premiere Elements

ribo 17:07 28 Sep 05

I do not know if anyone can help me with this,as I do not really think I can explain the problem,.But I will try and see if anyone can understand and perhaps help.
When I capture video using a firewire It appears to capture ok but when I go to the disk where I kept the folder,there appears to be the usual Premiere Icon PLUS a "windows Movie" file for every clip.This had never happened before. When I delete these,then the captured movie in Premiere is not there.Where they are coming from,I have no
idea. I have used the prog.before without any problem. I have uinstalled and reinstalled with the same result. I am at a loss to know what is going on and cannot find any support from Adobe.Thanks J

I have not used the Elements version of Premiere, but do use its big brother.

My only suggestion is to check carefully that you have set the capture preferences up to be DV AVI and you have not checked scene detetection.

For more precise help, I would suggest the Adobe forums, which have a specific section for Elements. I have used them in respect to Encore, and my helper, was a member of the Adobe Encore team who solved the problem for me.

ribo 18:54 28 Sep 05

Thank you for your help. I am definately recording in DV-AVi. I sort of wanted to use the scene detect,as i tend to edit using the monitor as opposed to the timeline.
\anyway I tried it with the scene detect unticked and although I only got one "Movie Maker icon" I still got it. I just cannot understand what the connection is.Wher is the Movie maker files coming from? I have never had this prolem before.
I shall try the forum as you suggest,only I find the problem I am having very difficult to explain. Thanks again J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…